11 fall foods you can now eat judgement free
Dear summer, it’s been great and all, but fall is the real MVP around these parts.
We’re sad to see you go, summer, and we’re really going to miss all of those afternoons sneaking ice cream and cold beers (sometimes even at the same time!). We’re gonna miss the cookouts with burgers, brats and garden fresh watermelons. We’re gonna miss that fair food, too.
- RELATED: 3 apple pie recipes that’ll have you reaching for another slice, Sept. 20, 2016
But it’s not us, it’s you. You’re leaving. And there’s nothing that can be done about it. It’s all good though, because fall is where it’s at.
- RELATED: Make your own Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte, Aug. 26, 2016
We’ve got tailgates now, and they might even be a better replacement to cookouts. We’ve got bonfires to look forward to, and don’t get us started about our wonderful gardens. Oh, and did we mention? Pumpkin. Everything.
Here are all of the wonderful things we’re looking forward to.
1. Apple pie / crisp / dumplings / (everything)
2. Pumpkin everything
3. Butternut / acorn / spaghetti squash
6. Soups and stews
7. Sweet potatoes
8. Pecan pie
10. Chicken pot and shepherd’s pie
11. Green bean casserole
Bye, summer. It’s been real.