Bashor Children’s Home hopes to cook up success with Running with Spoons culinary event
You should never run with scissors, but mom never said anything about running with spoons.
Bashor Children’s Home in Goshen will host the first ever Running with Spoons fundraiser, which will help to raise funds that will be used by the organization to aid troubled children and teens in the area.
The event will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 8, at Elcona Country Club, 56784 C.R. 21, Bristol, and will be emceed by Gary Sieber.
According to a press release, guests of the event will be able to sample foods cooked up by local celebrity “chefs,” and will be able to vote for their favorite chef.
Chefs will include members of the business community, civil servants, media personalities and day-to-day chefs.
Celebrity chefs will include:
- Marty Blenner — Director of food service at Bashor Children’s Home
- Coley Brady — Vice president of sales for Heartland RV
- Deana Cook — Certified food for life instructor at Body Temple, LLC
- Tom Curtis — CEO of Rollie Williams Paint Spot
- Reid Deputy — Owner Capsized Capital, LLC
- Jeff Rodino — COO of Patrick Industries
- Zach Eppers — National sales manager for Coachmen RV
- Jason Lippert – CEO for Drew Industries/Lippert Components
- Michele Lucchese – Owner of Lucchese’s Italian Restaurant
- Jeff Runels – President of Keystone RV
- Ron Stryker — DJ at 103.9 The Bear
- Dan Sink — Chief of the Goshen Fire Department
- Jon Wenger — CEO and founder of Genesis Products
- Mary Whitt — Employee benefit specialist for Cobalt Benefits, Inc.
- Jeff Wysong — President of Lexington Seating
Tickets are available for $50 for a single person, and $80 for couples. However, you don’t have to attend the event to vote for your favorite chef. Anyone may log on to Bashor’s website and donate for their favorite chef.
As of the time of publication, people voting for their favorite chefs raised donated funds to the tune of $30,984.
At the end of the evening, the Top Chef will be announced and the coveted Golden Spoon Award will be handed out.