I made a trip down to Southern Indiana last weekend, and my mom loaded me up with fresh strawberries from her garden.
There were way too many to eat by themselves, so I decided to try my hand at homemade ice cream using a simple whipping cream recipe, and it turned out great!
Make this recipe the night before a hot day and enjoy.
FRESH STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM
Total time before freezing: 25 minutes
Makes: About a gallon of ice cream (don’t hold me to this, I didn’t have anything to measure with.)
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 10 ounces of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups of fresh strawberries, plus more for topping, diced
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Whip heavy cream in a stand mixer until fluffy.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. The ice cream will be slightly runny and pink.
- Pour the ice cream into a 9-by-13 baking pan, or whatever metal pan you have.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Freeze overnight, or at least for 6 hours.
- Top with fresh strawberries and enjoy!
Haley Church is a Mishawaka resident and writes for Flavor 574. Follow her on Instagram, @HaleyDrewChurch.