Blueberry cheesecake cookies are a recipe for a fresh summer treat
While lurking on Facebook I noticed a number of my friends were sharing a post about “blueberry cheesecake cookies.” The recipe called for a pack of blueberry muffin mix.
While that recipe might be easier, I opted for a fresher taste. Also, blueberries were on sale, two pints for $5!
BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE COOKIES
Total time: 45 minutes
Makes: 20 medium-sized cookies
• 1 stick of butter, melted
• 4 ounces of cream cheese, melted
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/3 cup brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 pint of fresh blueberries
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flower
• 1 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Stir melted butter and cream cheese until smooth.
3. Add the sugar and the rest of the wet ingredients.
4. Add the flour one cup at a time and mix until well blended.
5. Fold in the blueberries and white chocolate chips gently, or the blueberries will burst and you’ll have purple cookies.
6. Refrigerate dough for 10 minutes.
7. Drop dough onto a greased baking sheet — no need to space them out, these cookies do not spread out much.
8. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden.
9. These moist cookies are best fresh out of the oven with a glass of lemonade. Enjoy!
Follow Haley Church on Instagram, @HaleyDrewChurch.