Haley's Home Cooking: Cheesy chicken crescents are an easy dinner the whole family will love
Once again, I found myself looking for a way to save time and effort cooking a tasty dinner. This recipe has been adapted from one my cousin taught me several years ago.
- RELATED: Cook chicken in the crock-pot for maximum flavor with minimum effort, April 23, 2016
Make the shredded chicken ahead of time, or buy a rotisserie chicken at you local grocery to make this speedy recipe even simpler. I mean, who doesn’t love cream cheese?
CHEESY CHICKEN CRESCENTS
Total time start to finish: 30 minutes
Makes: 12 crescents
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 pound of chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 1/2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 12 crescents, either homemade or store-bought — I used Pillsbury!
- Optional: 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, soften cream cheese until it can be easily stirred.
- Add chicken, sour cream and one cup of the cheddar cheese, stir thoroughly.
- On a greased baking sheet, roll out the crescent rolls.
- Heap generous portions of the cream cheese mixture onto each crescent. (About 2 tablespoons)
- Roll or fold together the crescent, whichever way keeps the most filling inside.
- Top the folded crescents with the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the crescents are a golden brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!