Haley’s Home Cooking: Crock-Pot chicken tacos are a cool meal for a warm spring day
As a recovering broke college kid, I am still in the “don’t turn on your air conditioning to save money” mode. As a way to keep my kitchen cool in unseasonably warm temperatures, I have been using my Crock-Pot.
CROCK-POT CHICKEN TACOS
Total time, including Crock-Pot cooking time: 4 hours and 20 minutes
Makes: 4 large tacos
- 1 pound of chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 soft flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet corn
- Toppings of lettuce, cheese and sour cream to taste
- Coat the uncooked tenderloins in taco seasoning.
- In a Crock-Pot, place the tenderloins and make sure they are evenly distributed.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Cook on low for 4 hours. If cooking more chicken, or large chicken breasts, increase the cooking time, or cook on high.
- Remove chicken and shred. I used two forks, but I’m sure other people have better methods.
- In the microwave, warm up the tortillas for 15 seconds.
- Add a few tablespoons of refried beans, top with a fourth of the chicken and tomatoes.
- Add other toppings as you wish. Enjoy!