Haley's Home Cooking: Banana bread cookies are a delicious springtime treat
If you’re like me and have bananas wasting away in your fruit bowl, try this recipe for easy, portable banana bread cookies.
I love banana bread, but it takes so long to bake, and then it’s difficult to take to work or to a friend. This cookie tastes just like banana bread (with chocolate chips!), but can be baked in less than 15 minutes.
BANANA BREAD COOKIES
Total time start to finish: 45 minutes
Makes: Three dozen cookies
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 4 medium bananas
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, melt butter.
- Mash the four bananas in thoroughly with the butter.
- Add sugar, eggs and vanilla to the mixture.
- Add flour one cup at a time. I hand mixed these, but it would be less time consuming to use a mixer.
- Add baking soda and finally the chocolate chips.
- Put the cookie dough in the freezer for 10 minutes. This will help them stay light and puffy during the baking process.
- Place cookies about an inch apart, 12 per greased baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at for 12 to 14 minutes.