Cronuts are a delectable way to start off your morning with a flaky and light treat. If you love doughnuts, you’ll go crazy for cronuts. Especially if you eat them warm and straight from the pan.
From Baking Beauty
- 1 package Pillsbury uncut crescent roll sheet
- 1 snack-size container vanilla pudding
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Vegetable oil
- Fill a pan with 2 inches of oil. Heat the oil to 350 F over medium heat.
- Fold dough in half in one direction, then fold in half in the other. Using a cup, cut 3-inch circles from the dough.
- Cut 1-inch circles from center of each 3-inch circle. Save the 1-inch circles to cook as cronut holes.
- Gather up the scraps, roll them and cut an additional cronut.
- In the pan with oil, fry the donuts about 90 seconds on each side until golden brown. On paper towels, drain and allow to cool before glazing.
- Mix powdered sugar, vanilla and 1 tablespoon of milk. Add additional milk as needed.
- Split a cooled cronut in half and fill with 2 tablespoons of pudding, then replace top.
- Drizzle top with glaze and allow it to set.