Make your own Chipotle chili-corn salsa to add color and flavor to any Mexican dish
Chipotle has many options for add-ons to their burritos and bowls. One that never fails to bring my burrito to the next level is their chilli-corn salsa. The salsa adds an extra depth of flavor with the sweet corn. Your burritos at home don’t have to be basic. You can add your own chili-corn salsa with this DIY recipe.
From Culinary Hill
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 4 ears of corn (white or yellow), husks removed
- 1/2 cup red onions, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted Poblano peppers
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Bring a large pot of water and the Kosher salt to a boil over high heat. Add corn and boil for 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl of ice water, submerge corn. When the corn is cool enough to handle, cut it off the cob and transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in red onion, jalapeño peppers, Poblano peppers, cilantro, lemon juice, and lime juice. Then add 2 teaspoons of salt or to taste.