Eat healthy on Meatless Monday with honey garlic baked cauliflower
Cauliflower is an amazing vegetable that fights cancer, boosts heart health and boosts your brain health.
- RELATED: Meatless Monday: Vegetarian burrito bowl with chipotle sauce, Feb. 15
- RELATED: Meatless Monday: Sweeten your day with an easy yogurt parfait, Feb. 1
Go healthy and reward your body with all the health benefits honey garlic baked cauliflower has to offer. This meal is filling enough to keep your stomach happy without tightening your pants.
From Kirbie’s Cravings
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs.
- In a separate bowl, place panko crumbs. Dip cauliflower pieces in egg and then roll in panko until fully coated.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place coated cauliflower pieces. Repeat until all cauliflower is coated. Your breadcrumbs may start to clump together from the egg coating touching it making it harder to stick to the cauliflower. To get these clumps to stay on the cauliflower, gently press them down when coating the cauliflower.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until coating is a dark golden brown.
- In a sauce pan, combine honey, garlic, onion powder, soy sauce and Sriracha. On the stove, bring to a simmer and stir until completely mixed.
- In a small bowl, completely dissolve cornstarch in water, then add to the mixture. Stir until sauce reaches a low boil again and cook until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Toss cauliflower in sauce and coat.
- Serve warm.