The wonderful thing about Disney movies are that they’re full of magic and hope and dreams, and everyone has one Disney movie they will never grow out off.
Go the distance and treat your special someone to a Disney-themed dinner, where you only need the bare necessities. Whether you’re escaping your evil stepmother or finding your true love, these dinners are sure to fit right in. So be our guest, open your Netflix, put on your favorite Disney movie and enter a whole new world on date night.
From The Kitschy Kitchen
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 extra large eggs
- 2 1/3 grated Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, melt the butter and add the flour, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add 2 tablespoons of milk at a time, whisking to combine. Take off the heat and add salt and pepper.
- Add the eggs, cheese and chives to the white sauce and combine well. Pour into a buttered dish and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- The soufflé will be puffy and well browned on the top when done.
From One Sweet Appetite
- One-half of an 8-ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 small eggplant, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, stir together your tomato sauce, onion and garlic. Spread at the bottom of a 9-inch-square pan.
- In a dish, line all the chopped vegetables. Start from the outside and make your way in. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Cover vegetables with a piece of parchment paper slide just inside your baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
From Top with Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of toast
- In a skillet, melt the coconut oil.
- Separate the yolks from the whites of the eggs.
- In a pan, pour in the egg whites and cook for about a minute, and then place the yolk on top of the whites.
- Cook until the yolk is bound to the white.
- Serve with toast and other breakfast sides.