Don’t get pinched! We’ve got the perfect green drink for a St. Patrick’s Day pick-me-up.
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract, or more if you like a strong mint taste
- 9 drops green food coloring
- Chocolate syrup to taste — you could also skip the syrup topping and try chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla, but the chocolate taste might overwhelm the mint.
- Whipped cream to taste (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional) Tip: Use shamrock-shaped sprinkles instead of decorator’s sugar. Might as well stick with the theme, right?
- In a blender, mix all the ingredients but the chocolate syrup and toppings until smooth.
- Inside two glasses, drizzle the chocolate syrup.
- In each glass, pour the shake in and top with whipped cream (as much as you want), sprinkles and more chocolate syrup.
In the mood for something a little more filling, but want to keep up with the green theme? Try a recipe for Green Eggs and Ham that would make Dr. Seuss proud.