Goshen Dining Days is back, and there are some familiar faces returning.
Constant Spring in downtown Goshen is participating in the event for the second year in a row. The bar and other Goshen restaurants are offering deals and special menus through March 12 for Dining Days, sponsored by Flavor 574 and the Elkhart County Convention and Visitors’ Bureau. Ten percent of the proceeds go to The Window in Goshen, which provides food, clothing and more for people in need.
- RELATED: The Window fills a special need in Goshen, Feb. 29
- RELATED: Your dining guide to Goshen Dining Days 2016, March 4
At Constant Spring, the Dining Days menu offers dinner for one for $15 or dinner for two for $25. You can choose from four entrées, add a side, and wrap it up with “Happy Dance Brownies,” a giant, fudge brownie with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
I picked the chicken bacon ranch sandwich, which is chicken breast topped with a BLT and ranch. The chicken was well-cooked but not dry, a good base for the sandwich.
Layered on top of the chicken were a thick slice of tomato and about 1.5 slices of bacon, which gave it a little more flavor. None of the layers overwhelmed the taste of the sandwich, which was a nice balance of savory bacon, fresh veggies and chicken.
The menu also offers these entrées:
- A pizza burger, with mozzerella cheese, mushrooms and marinara sauce
- A jack wagon, Blue Ghost BBQ pulled pork with pepper jack cheese, onion, tomato, pickles and lime mayo
- Spring salad with candied walnuts, apples, feta cheese and craisins, plus your choice of dressing.
The side salad was fresh and tasty. Diced tomatoes added crunch and crumbled feta balanced the fresh greens for a good overall flavor.
Dessert was the “Happy Dance Brownie.” It’s big enough to cover a small dinner plate, has a rich fudge taste and is covered in equally sweet ice cream. If you don’t have a sweet tooth, the brownie might be a little much for you.
Thankfully, I don’t have that problem and the brownie (shared with my friend) was gone in about five minutes.
- William Hill Cabernet or Cabernet Sauvignon, $5
- New Amsterdam Sexy Peach or Pineapple, $5
- Revel White Pecan, $5
For a full list of participating restaurants and menus, you can go to the Goshen Dining Days website. Enjoy!