Thirsty Thursday: Avoid the winter blizzard, make raspberry peach lemonade to brighten your mood
Remember those warm summer days, sipping on a cool glass of lemonade while you tan poolside? Winter just had to come along and ruin it.
But you can still enjoy a refreshing glass of raspberry peach lemonade while you sit by the fireplace dreaming about summer. And if you are out of ice at least you can open the front door and grab a handful of snow to replace it.
From Damn Delicious
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 6 ounces raspberries
- 3 medium peaches, sliced
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a medium sauce pan, add 1 cup of water and the agave nectar over medium heat until agave has dissolved, about 1 minute. Add raspberries and peaches and simmer, stirring occasionally, until raspberries have broken down, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Let cool completely then strain.
- In a pitcher, whisk together the raspberry peach mixture, lemon juice and 5 cups of water. Place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Serve over ice and raspberries.