In a newer Pillsbury commercial, a family gets together to make and eat a taco crescent ring. It gets my mouth watering every time.
I decided to look up the recipe and share it so everyone can enjoy this new take on a taco. This is sure to be a new family dinner favorite.
- RELATED: Vegetarian tacos with avocado in less than 25 minutes, Aug. 22, 2015
- RELATED: DIY tacos are an easy weeknight, vegetarian dinner, Aug. 17, 2015
- RELATED: Qdoba and Noodles & Co. plan to open next month, hire nearly 30 employees each, Feb. 8
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1-ounce package Old El Paso taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls
- Any extras desired (lettuce, tomato, etc.)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cook beef in a skillet until no longer pink, then add taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of water. Simmer 3 to 4 minutes, until slightly thickened. Mix beef mixture with cheese.
- Unroll both cans of dough and lay them out into a ring on a cookie sheet with the short ends of the triangles forming a 5 inch circle in the middle. The dough will overlap.
- Spoon the beef mixture on half of each triangle closest to the middle.
- Bring dough triangles up over the filling. Tuck dough under bottom layer of dough to secure it. Repeat around the whole circle.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until dough is golden brown and then let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting to serve.