Date Night: Baked honey-marinated cod is a healthy way to enjoy a meal during Lent
Lent takes steak off the menu for many couples on Friday nights, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a tasty alternative. This marinated cod doesn’t just look mouth watering, it’s sure to satisfy your taste buds on your meatless Friday night.
- RELATED: Lent 2016: Tuna and lemon rice is tasty and filling for your Fish Friday, Feb. 19
- RELATED: Lent 2016: Which area churches and organizations are hosting fish frys during Lent, Feb. 17
From No Gojis, No Glory
- 4, 6-ounce black cod fillets
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sesame seed oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- Combine all the ingredients, minus the fish, in an air tight mixing bowl. Add cod and marinate for 24 hours.If possible flip the cod half way through marinating.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove cod from marinate and bake on the middle oven rack for 7 to 9 minutes. Cook until cod is opaque and flakes easily.