Whenever I think of burrito bowls, my mind goes directly to Chipotle. But I’ve found you a burrito bowl that’s vegetarian friendly and tastes just as good. This meatless burrito bowl is packed with flavor and perfect for your #MeatlessMonday.
- RELATED: Meatless Monday: Fill up your plate with a vegetarian cheesy enchilada rice skillet, Feb. 8
- RELATED: Meatless Monday: Quinoa chili is a filling meal that will warm you up on a cold winter day, Jan. 25
Vegetarian burrito bowl with chipotle sauce
From The Garden Grazer
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 to 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cup corn
- Romanaine lettuce, chopped
- Creamy chipotle sauce
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Prep your vegetables.
- When rice is cooked, stir in salsa.
- Layer your bowl: rice, black beans and then vegetables.
- Drizzle with creamy chipotle sauce.
- 1/2 cup plain greek or coconut yogurt (or 2/3 cup silken tofu)
- 1 Chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- Scrape away the seeds from the chipotle with a knife (use caution when handling chipotle, and wash your hands when done).
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings/consistency as necessary.