Thirsty Thursday: Cookies and cream hot chocolate will keep you warm on a cold winter night
Cookies and cream is definitely up in my top five favorite ice cream flavors. Seeing as how it’s officially winter out there, and maybe a bit to cold for ice cream, I’ve found a recipe that turns my favorite ice cream into cookies and cream hot chocolate! So now you can enjoy the wonderful flavors of cookies and cream in a drink that is sure to keep you warm through this cold and unforgiving winter weather.
From The Recipe Critic
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup hot chocolate powder
- 5 Oreos
- Whipped cream
- Crushed Oreos for topping
- Warm the milk on the stove over medium-low heat. Do not let it boil.
- Add the hot chocolate powder.
- Finely grind the Oreos in a blender or food processor.
- Add the Oreos to the warm milk.
- Serve with whipped cream and crushed Oreos on top.
Our editor has a few more hot drink ideas to keep you warm. Check out the related links below.
- RELATED: Three hot drinks made for winter weather, Nov. 18, 2014
- RELATED: Three easy holiday drink recipes, Dec. 16, 2014