This is the easiest enchilada you will ever make; no rolling in a tortilla shell, just put it on your plate and dig in. And, like every Meatless Monday recipe, this dinner can be enjoyed by vegetarians.
From Damn Delicious
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- 1 cup can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup mild enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup mild green enchilada sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- In a large sauce pan with 1 1/2 cups of water, cook rice according to package directions and then set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion and bell pepper and cook stirring frequently. Cook until onions have become translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in rice, corn, black beans, enchilada sauces, chili powder, cumin and oregano until heated throughout and combined well, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese.Cover until completely melted, about 2 minutes.