Date Night: Hand-dipped chocolate-covered strawberries can sweeten up an evening
Chocolate-covered strawberries are basically a date night stable. In almost every romantic movie the famous dessert comes in to play. But plain old chocolate-covered strawberries can get a little boring, so this recipe is here to add some variety to the treat, with a personal touch.
With Valentine’s Day approaching, stores will be stocked full of chocolate-covered strawberries, but those won’t be hand dipped with love by you like these will.
- 1, 12-ounce package semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 2 pounds strawberries, stems attached
- 1/2 cup white chocolate
- 1/2 cup crushed nuts (pecans, almonds or pistachios)
- 1/2 cup coconut
- Wash the strawberries and dry them well.
- Pour the milk chocolate chips and white chocolate chips into their own microwaveable bowls. Pour the nuts and coconut onto their own small plates. Line a sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper.
- Microwave the milk chocolate for 30 second intervals, stirring at each interval until smooth and fully melted. Repeat with the white chocolate chips.
- Holding a strawberry by the stem, dip into the milk chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting the excess chocolate fall back into the bowl. At this point you can dip with strawberry in coconut or nuts and then place the strawberry on the parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries.
- Dip a fork in the melted white chocolate and drizzle over the dipped strawberries.
For a salted caramel chocolate-covered strawberries variation, click here.