Watermelon lime soda isn’t only refreshing, but the perfect drink for a party or any other event you host this year. Why go out and buy processed soda when you can make non-processed soda of your own at home!
This homemade soda will have you wondering why you ever drank the bottled stuff when you could’ve been enjoying a fresh, tasty drink.
From Completely Delicious
- 4 cups watermelon chunks
- 2 cups sparkling water or club soda
- 1/4 cup lime simple syrup
Lime simple syrup:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- Combine the sugar, water, lime juice and zest in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat and chill thoroughly.
- In a blender, puree the watermelon chunks. Pass through strainer to remove seeds and pulp.
- In a pitcher, combine the watermelon juice, simple syrup and sparkling water or club soda.
- Add additional simple syrup to taste, if needed.