These Jell-O candy melts are a new take on your favorite wobbly snack. This recipe is perfect to do with the kids on the weekend and enjoy as a dessert after lunch. As a bonus, you can fill the kids’ lunchbox with these treats — or sneak them for yourself, let’s be real — as an alternative to store-bought candy.
- RELATED: Homemade no-bake chocolate chip energy bites are a tasty option to fill you up and give you an energy boost, Jan. 27
From Smart School House
- 16-ounces powdered sugar
- 8-ounces cream cheese
- plain white sugar
- Your favorite boxes of powdered Jell-O
- In a mixer, combine the softened cream cheese with the powdered sugar. Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Separate the mixture into four small bowls.
- Add 1 tablespoon of various powdered Jell-O to each bowl and mix with a spoon.
- Pull off small 1/2 inch pieces of the mixture and roll them into balls.
- Press the balls into a slightly flat shape and then roll in a bowl of sugar.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to eat.