Do you ever get to the point in the day where you are undeniably hungry, but not hungry enough for a whole meal (and frankly, those crackers just don’t cut it)? Enter chocolate chip energy bites.
I eat these during volleyball tournaments on the weekends and they keep me full enough to play without getting lightheaded, but don’t overfill me. These energy bites are cheaper than buying energy bars at the store and, if you ask me, they work just as well.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flax seed
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine oats, chocolate chips, flax seed, peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract together in a bowl.
- Form into balls using your hands.
- Arrange energy bites on a baking sheet and freeze until set (about 1 hour).