McCarthy’s will host a Tiedemann on Wines Wine Club event at 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
The event will feature premium Italian wines as well as a special five-course meal. Tickets are $70 per person or $60 per person for wine club members. For reservations, call McCarthy’s at 574-293-2830.
- RELATED: Shafer Vineyards 2004 Relentless makes a great special occasion wine, Oct. 14, 2015
- Starter: Bortolin Prosecco extra dry
- Course one: Charcuterie board. Hot capicola, salami, prosciutto, pickles, mixed olives, duck liver pâté and Italian cheeses served with Italian bread — Paired with a 2011 Fabbri Olinto Chianti Classico.
- Course two: Butternut squash ravioli. Pureed butternut squash and apple stuffed in handmade ravioli. Served with housemade brown butter and sage sauce — Paired with a 2012 Salvano Barbera Piemonte.
- Course three: Baked meatballs. Housemade meatballs of veal and pork smothered with marinara, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Served with Italian bread — Paired with a 2009 Podere Canalino Brunello Di Montalcino.
- Course four: Crispy Parmesan roasted rack of lamb. Lightly seasoned, breaded with panko and Parmesan cheese then roasted to a medium rare — Paired with a Legenda Aurea Primitivo Cabernet.
- Dessert: Ricotta cheese quenelle. Served with fig and mixed berry preserves — Paired with a Marrone Tartufo Bianco.
Upcoming Tiedemann on Wines Wine Club events
- Feb. 13: Uptown Kitchen Valentine’s wine dinner featuring Italian wines
- Feb. 18: McCarthy’s wine dinner featuring White Oak Wines
- April 7: McCarthy’s wine dinner featuring Three Clicks Wine