Thirsty Thursday: A homemade salted caramel hot chocolate hits the spot on a chilly Thursday
Some days the cold saps ya to the bone. On those days you need a bit of comfort food — or drink! — to warm up your heart and soul. This simple salted caramel hot chocolate recipe will carry you through even the dreariest winter day. Go ahead. Cook up a cup of cheer.
- RELATED: Make your own frappe, April 16, 2014
From A Beautiful Mess
- 16 ounces milk or cream
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- 4 ounces chocolate caramel
- A pinch or so of sea salt.
- In a sauce pan heat half of the milk and chopped dark chocolate and salt until melted.
- Continue heating and whisking in he remaining milk and chopped chocolate caramel.
- Whisk until the entire mixture is warmed through and smooth in texture.
- Serve with a little whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel and sprinkle of sea salt.