Let’s face it. Dinnertime can be stressful. This simple and healthy vegan pasta takes the guesswork out of pleasing the whole family at dinner. Let’s get cooking!
From Minimalist Baker
Servings: 3 to 4
Total time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups grape tomatoes
- 10 ounces whole wheat pasta
- Olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, diced
- 8 large cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 tablespoons of unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup veggie stock
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Halve the tomatoes and toss them in a sprinkling of olive oil and a dash of sea salt. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, place the tomatoes with the cut side facing up and bake them for 20 minutes.
- Boil a large pot of water and cook the pasta. Drain, cover and set it aside.
- While the pasts is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the garlic and shallots. Cook over medium-low heat. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper and cook the sauce for 3 to 4 minutes until soft and fragrant, stir frequently.
- Stir 3 to 4 tablespoons of flour into the sauce and mix with a whisk to thicken. After thoroughly mixing in the flour, slowly whisk in the almond milk to prevent clumping. Add a second pinch of salt and pepper, to taste. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes to finish thickening.
- Bring the sauce to your desired thickness and taste and then stir in the pasta and roasted tomatoes.
- Serve immediately and garnish with extra black pepper, fresh basil and/or vegan Parmesan cheese.