Meatless Monday: Warm up on a cold winter evening with a delicious vegan garlic pasta
Let’s face it. Dinnertime can be stressful. This simple and healthy vegan pasta takes the guesswork out of pleasing the whole family at dinner. Let’s get cooking!
From Minimalist Baker
Servings: 3 to 4
Total time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups grape tomatoes
- 10 ounces whole wheat pasta
- Olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, diced
- 8 large cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 tablespoons of unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup veggie stock
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Halve the tomatoes and toss them in a sprinkling of olive oil and a dash of sea salt. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, place the tomatoes with the cut side facing up and bake them for 20 minutes.
- Boil a large pot of water and cook the pasta. Drain, cover and set it aside.
- While the pasts is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the garlic and shallots. Cook over medium-low heat. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper and cook the sauce for 3 to 4 minutes until soft and fragrant, stir frequently.
- Stir 3 to 4 tablespoons of flour into the sauce and mix with a whisk to thicken. After thoroughly mixing in the flour, slowly whisk in the almond milk to prevent clumping. Add a second pinch of salt and pepper, to taste. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes to finish thickening.
- Bring the sauce to your desired thickness and taste and then stir in the pasta and roasted tomatoes.
- Serve immediately and garnish with extra black pepper, fresh basil and/or vegan Parmesan cheese.