Easy Eats: A chicken dinner doesn't have to take all evening to make
I love juicy, flavorful chicken as much as the next person, especially if the details are effortless. For an easy eat, the recipe below will get you fed in no time flat.
Time: 30 minutes
How Many Ingredients: Five
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 whole green onion
- 8-ounces sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat at large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter in the skillet and add the chicken.
- Turn the heat to medium-low, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes. Chop the green onion. Use both the green and the white part.
- Turn the chicken halves over, cover and let simmer for another 10 minutes. The total cooking time depends on the thickness of the meat.
- Add the chopped green onion, stir and let the onion cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add the salt and the sour cream. Mix well, then cover and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- RELATED: Pasta night doesn’t have to be a fussy event, Oct. 24, 2015