Date Night: LaSalle Grill in South Bend to host a five-course Roman wine feast
Looking for a fun way to spend the evening out on the town with a loved one? LaSalle Grill at 115 W. Colfax Ave. in South Bend, will be host Janus Festo in Honorem Lulli Caesaris, a five-course Roman wine feast, Jan. 19 and 20.
RELATED: Date Night: Dinner and a movie in South Bend, Sept. 11, 2015
The dinner will consist of the following dishes:
- Gustatorium: Shrimp scampi on fedelini pasta in garlic and olive oil with Parmigiano-Reggiano paired with 2013 Principessa Gavia, Gavi
- Secunda: Gremolata seared branzino with pancetta and braised chickpeas and a fennel and basil pesto paired with 2012 Jermann Chardonnay, Venezia
- Tertium: Baby arugula and beef carpaccio with roasted cipollini onions, a white truffle vinaigrette and sea salt focaccia bread paired with 2009 Caparzo Brunello Di Montalcino
- Quarto Cursum: Basil and tomato braised Osso Buco with roasted garlic polenta and natural pan jus paired with 2010 Lugi Righetti Amarone Valpolicella
- Mensa Cursum: A classic tiramisu with Frangelico Créme Anglaise paired with 2009 Vin Santo Del Chianti Classico
The meal will be $75 per person. Reservations will be accepted between 5 and 9 p.m. The restaurant may be reached by calling 574-288-1155 or 800-382-9323.