As colder weather blows into the area, one of my favorite things to do is make a batch of sausage dip. Whether it’s for a party or just to share with the rest of the family, it’s always a hit. It’s hardly a secret family recipe, but it’s definitely one that I make several times a year.
What you’ll need:
(Makes approximately 12 servings)
— 2 pounds of packaged ground sausage (Feel free to mix and match flavors to your audience)
— 1 pound Velveeta cheese
— 2 cans diced tomatoes
— 1 package of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (8 oz.)
What you’ll need to do:
- Fry the sausage on medium heat in a large pan until it’s been thoroughly cooked.
- Tear the Velveeta cheese into smaller pieces and add to the pan to melt.
- Drain the water from the cans of tomatoes and add them to the pan.
- Tear the cream cheese into smaller pieces and add it to the pan to melt.
- Finish melting the cheese, and serve.