National Cupcake Day 2015: Satisfy your sweet tooth with delicious recipes
Who doesn’t love a good cupcake? There’s no better day to make them than National Cupcake Day! Celebrate the seasons with a festive apple pie cupcake, or end a family night with the shivery, no bake Oreo fudge cupcake.
• 1 box white or yellow cake mix and box ingredients
• 20-ounce Apple Pie Filling
• 1 cup softened butter
• 3 cups powdered sugar
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven and line muffin tins with paper liners.
2. Prepare batter according to box directions.
3. Fill liners 2/3 full and bake according to box directions for cupcakes.
4. Allow to cool completely.
5. Use a knife to dice apples into smaller pieces.
6. Use a knife to core or a plug in the middle of each cupcake and fill with pie filling.
7. Place just the top of plug bake on cupcake.
8. Whip butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until fluffy.
9. Gradually add powdered sugar.
10. Add milk until you reach desired consistency.
11. Transfer to piping bag and frost each cupcake.
• 1, 15-ounce package oreo cookies with cream attached
• 1/4 cup melted butter
• 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
• 1 medium container frozen whipped topping
• toasted nuts
• hot fudge sauce
1. Crush Oreos and combine with melted butter. Reserve at least 1 cup of crumbs for later, and press remaining crumbs firmly into a 9×13 inch pan.
2. Let ice cream become soft enough to spread onto crumbs, or slice ice cream 1 inch layers and place on top of crumbs and press seams together.
3. Top ice cream with a few more crumbs.
4. Drizzle with hot fudge sauce and sprinkle toasted nuts on top if desired.
5. Spread whipped topping all over, and drizzle again with hot fudge sauce.
6. Cover and return to freezer.