Perhaps hydrating pizza was the original pizza goals.
Sadly, pizza hydrating machines and hockey puck-sized pizzas aren’t things you can get, but green and red pizza is the next best thing for celebrating “Back to the Future” Day on Oct. 21.
“Great Scott!” you might think about the half pepperoni and half green bean pizza (which apparently didn’t really catch on in 2015, either).
- RELATED: Los Angeles Times graphic shows you where’s the cheapest and closest place to get pizza, Sept. 23
People Magazine tried this recipe, which is perfect for any time traveling or movie watching you might be doing today.
- ½ cup green beans, trimmed
- 1 lb. pizza dough
- ⅓ cup pizza sauce
- ⅓ cup pesto sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup fontina cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. sliced pepperoni
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- On a 9×13-inch baking sheet linked with parchment paper or a baking mat, add dough and stretch until you form an even rectangle.
- On one half of dough, add marinara sauce. On the other half, add pesto. Sprinkle marinara side with mozzarella and top with pepperoni; sprinkle pesto side with fontina cheese and top with blanched green beans. Sprinkle whole pizza with Parmesan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 500 degrees, or until crust is golden.
What’s your favorite memory from the film? Let us know in the comments!