Sample food, drinks from Pure Michigan wineries, breweries, more at Four Winds New Buffalo
A new event is happening at the Four Winds New Buffalo event center Saturday, Oct. 24.
From 2 to 8 p.m., nine Michigan wineries, eight breweries and two distilleries will come together for a diverse tasting opportunity, “Uncorked, Untapped, Unwind.”
Looking at a press release, there are some notable participants I have personally visited and came away with positive impressions:
- Free Run Cellars — Berrien Springs: The premium wine venture of brothers Matt and Christian Moersch. You might be aware they continue to have an affiliation with their father’s Round Barn venture.
- Journeyman Distillery — Three Oaks: A destination in itself. It has a bar and social area that serves great cocktails using its product line and imagination. Ask for Simon Barrios, brand ambassador.
- Wyncroft Wine — Pullman: They can be found on restaurant wine lists in Chicago and throughout Michigan, including Detroit. I consider Jim Lester one of the Midwest’s premier winemakers.
- Greenbush Brewing Company — Sawyer: It has a wide array of very innovative ales. FYI, they have great bar food on site.
- Domaine Berrien Vineyards — Baroda: One of the first growers in Berrien County to plant and vinify European grape varietals, including Syrah and Marsanne. Look for owner/winemaker Wally Maurer.
Additionally, there are participants such as Lazy Ballerina Winery (St. Joseph), Pleasant House Brewery (Three Oaks) and 12 Corners Winery (Benton Harbor) of which I have no prior knowledge. Round Barn (Baroda), Founder’s Brewery (Grand Rapids) and Bell’s Brewery (Kalamazoo) are several larger entries that enjoy regional/national success.
- RELATED: Staymaker is open in Three Oaks, Oct. 12
Besides the quaffable liquids, there will be food available to purchases, as well as live music the entire time. Interestingly, one of the food vendors will be Fortune Fish Company out of Bensenville, Ill. Think fresh seafood!
Advanced tickets are for sale at $25, plus applicable fees; $30 at the door. Included with admission are a souvenir glass and 10 tokens redeemable for drink or food samples. During the event, additional tokens can be purchased.
Tickets can be purchased through Ticketmaster online or by calling 800-745-3000.
I’ll be there. When you see me, stop and say hello.