Sometimes, tacos take a little too much work.
Casserole is a happy medium: you get the taste you want but can make it en masse.
- RELATED: Easy Eats: Vegetarian tacos with avocado in less than 25 minutes, Aug. 22
Last week, we asked readers what easy meal they wanted Saturday night and for this week, casserole took the lead.
This recipe from Creme de la Crumb is easy to pop into the oven while you get your night in started.
Below the recipe, see this week’s poll and vote for what sounds best next week. We can take care of the rest.
Time: About 30 minutes
How many ingredients: 5
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 16 oz. green salsa
- 3 10-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican cheese, shredded
- ½ cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In bowl, mix chicken, all but ⅓ cup salsa and sour cream.
- In greased pie pan, lay one tortilla on bottom of dish. Add half of the chicken mixture and spread evenly. Top with second tortilla, then remaining chicken mixture, then the last tortilla.
- On top of the last tortilla, spread remaining salsa over the top and then sprinkle on cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes until cheese is completely melted.
What easy meal is for dinner next week?