Spaghetti squash is becoming a trendy choice for dinner.
Plus, squash is perfectly in season — making it rich in taste and abundant and easy to find at the store.
Last week, we asked readers what easy meal they wanted Saturday night and for this week, spaghetti squash was a clear winner.
- RELATED: Whip up an easy vegetarian chili for a weekend dinner, Oct. 3
This recipe from PaleOMG is, as the name suggests, paleo. It could also be modified to be suitable for vegetarians.
Below the recipe, see this week’s poll and decide what you want for dinner next week. We can take care of the rest.
Time: About 1.5 hours
How many ingredients: 7
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs, whisked
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and place cut side down on baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until very tender. Reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Remove threads and put squash in 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Place a large pan over medium heat, add sausage and onion. Cook thoroughly. Add pizza sauce, basil, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add sausage mixture to the baking dish and mix well with spaghetti squash. Add whisked eggs to baking dish and mix everything together.
- Bake for one hour or until top of mixture forms a slight crust.
What easy meal is for dinner next week?