Indiana brewers win 10 medals at Great American Beer Festival
The results are in from the Great American Beer Festival and Hoosier brewers earned 10 medals.
Sun King Brewing Co. came out with three from the huge beer festival in Denver, Colo., that culminated this past weekend. Thr3e Wise Men Brewing in Indianapolis, which distributes through Scotty’s Brewhouse locations, won two.
A total of 242 breweries won medals at the big event, according to the Brewers Association.
Here’s the unofficial list from the GABF website:
- Gold, Auburn Lager, American-Style Amber Lager, Mad Anthony Brewing Co., Fort Wayne
- Gold, Sanitarium, Belgian-Style Dubbel or Quadruple, Bier Brewery and Taproom, Indianapolis
- Gold, Sunlight Cream Ale, Golden or Blonde Ale, Sun King Brewing Co., Indianapolis
- Gold, Electric Stinger, Honey Beer, The Tap Beer Co, Bloomington
- Silver, Generation, German-Style Altbier, Alt Flix Brewhouse, Carmel
- Silver, Antonius 1742 Oktoberfest, German-Style Marzen, Thr3e Wise Men Brewing Co, Indianapolis
- Silver, Batch 666: Sympathy For The Devil, Wood- and Barrel-Aged Strong Beer, Sun King Brewing Co., Indianapolis
- Bronze, Qualified, Belgian-Style Dubbel or Quadruple, Taxman Brewing Co., Bargersville
- Bronze, Cherry Busey, Belgian-Style Fruit Beer, Sun King Brewing Co., Indianapolis
- Bronze, Hot for Teacher Ms. Doppelbock, Doppelbock of Eisbock, Thr3e Wise Men Brewing Co., Indianapolis
Indiana bested its neighbor to the north, Michigan, in the medal count. Michigan had a total of six medals, including one each for Short’s, Arcadia, Founder’s and Right Brain.