Deep dish divas, unite.
Sometimes, the best part of pizza night is making the pizza yourself and getting creative with toppings. Two weeks ago, we asked readers what easy meal they wanted Saturday night. For last week, macaroni and cheese and pizza tied.
- RELATED: Easy eats: Make a pot of macaroni and cheese in 20 minutes, Sept. 19
This easy recipe from Tablespoon uses six ingredients, two of which are meat. You can swap out meat for a load of mushrooms, peppers or other veggies, or double up on cheese for a vegetarian-friendly option.
- RELATED: Los Angeles Times graphic shows you where’s the cheapest and closest place to get pizza, Sept. 23
Below the recipe, check out the poll and decide what you want for next week. We will take care of the rest.
Time: About 30 minutes
How many ingredients: Six, if you stick to the recipe
- 13 oz. refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 ½ cups pizza sauce
- 2 ½ cups of your favorite shredded cheese
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 whole pepperoni (optional)
- ½ lb. cooked ground spicy Italian sausage (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a 9×13-inch dish with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Unroll pizza dough and press into the bottom and halfway up the side of the dish.
- Spread pizza sauce on the dough and, if desired, the sausage over the top. Cover with cheese and pepperoni, if using. Sprinkle Parmesan over the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
What’s for dinner next week?