Easy eats: Make a pot of macaroni and cheese in 20 minutes
Tuck into a big bowl of macaroni and cheese for homemade, comfort food bliss.
- RELATED: Easy Eats: Spend a night in with some breakfast-for-dinner comfort food, Sept. 12
Saturday nights are all about spending time with friends and family, not waiting on dinner to arrive to get things started. Last week, we asked readers what easy meal they wanted Saturday night with macaroni and cheese and pizza coming to a draw, so we’ll take care of pizza next week.
- RELATED: Easy Eats: Six ingredients and one hour is all it takes for steak, Aug. 29
This classic recipe from Pillsbury only takes three ingredients, so you can kiss the boxed mix goodbye.
- RELATED: Easy Eats: Vegetarian tacos with avocado in less than 25 minutes, Aug. 22
Time: 20 minutes
How many ingredients: 3
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 1 lb. uncooked elbow macaroni noodles
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- In 5-quart nonstick Dutch oven, heat evaporated milk, four cups hot water, macaroni and salt to taste to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for five minutes, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for eight minutes, stirring frequently. Don’t drain the pasta.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese until melted and mixed well.
Check back next week for easy pizza and a new poll.