Easy Eats: Grill chicken with six ingredients this Labor Day weekend
Labor Day weekend is one of the most hallowed weekends of summer, though it’s one of the last. The last thing anyone needs is a drawn-out day of cooking or cleanup.
If the weather plays nice, it’s a great day to fire up the grill and cook for a group of friends. Last week, we asked readers what easy weekend meal they wanted to try next and in the spirit of the holiday weekend, barbecue was an easy winner.
- RELATED: Easy Eats: Six ingredients and one hour is all it takes for steak, Aug. 29
This recipe from Pinch of Yum takes only six or seven ingredients, one of which is the chicken itself. It serves about four people and can be ready to go in about 15 minutes.
Below the recipe, check out the poll and decide what you want for next week. We will take care of the rest.
- RELATED: Easy Eats: Vegetarian tacos with avocado in less than 25 minutes, Aug. 22
Time: About 15 minutes
How many ingredients: Six to seven, depending on optional garnish
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup honey
- ¾ cup water
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- Cilantro and lime for serving, optional
- Cut chicken into chunks. Place in large plastic bag or bowl.
- Pour the soy sauce, honey, water and garlic into bowl. Whisk well and set aside about ¾ cup of sauce for brushing chicken later.
- Pour remaining sauce into the bag/bowl with chicken. Seal or cover and refrigerate for as long as you can.
- When ready to grill, preheat grill on medium high for 5-10 minutes and oil the grates. Drain off marinade and place chicken on skewers. Put chicken on hot grill, cover and cook for about 4 minutes. Brush chicken with reserved sauce and repeat until chicken is browned.
- Serve with cilantro and lime, if desired.
What’s for dinner next week?