Technically, summer isn’t over until Wednesday, Sept. 23, but the unofficial end is much sooner.
Friends and family will gather for Labor Day on Monday, Sept. 7 and usually mark it by one last barbecue, a few drinks and, weather permitting, a splash in the pool.
This recipe for a classic blueberry lemonade cocktail from Spoon Fork Bacon is a little sweet, a little tart and best shared with good company for any summer holiday gathering or cookout.
- RELATED: Easy tips for making a pretty, practical bar cart at home, Aug. 27
SPARKLING BLUEBERRY LEMONADE
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅔ cup superfine sugar
- 2 pints blueberries, pureed and strained
- ½ cup St. Germain
- 2 cups sparkling wine
- Blueberries, for garnish
- Place lemon juice, sugar and 3 cups water into pitcher and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add blueberries, St. Germain and let chill.
- When ready to serve, top with sparkling wine and garnish.