Say cheers to Labor Day with blueberry lemonade
Technically, summer isn’t over until Wednesday, Sept. 23, but the unofficial end is much sooner.
Friends and family will gather for Labor Day on Monday, Sept. 7 and usually mark it by one last barbecue, a few drinks and, weather permitting, a splash in the pool.
This recipe for a classic blueberry lemonade cocktail from Spoon Fork Bacon is a little sweet, a little tart and best shared with good company for any summer holiday gathering or cookout.
- RELATED: Easy tips for making a pretty, practical bar cart at home, Aug. 27
SPARKLING BLUEBERRY LEMONADE
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅔ cup superfine sugar
- 2 pints blueberries, pureed and strained
- ½ cup St. Germain
- 2 cups sparkling wine
- Blueberries, for garnish
- Place lemon juice, sugar and 3 cups water into pitcher and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add blueberries, St. Germain and let chill.
- When ready to serve, top with sparkling wine and garnish.