Easy Eats: Six ingredients and one hour is all it takes for steak
At the end of the week, we get it. The last thing you want to do is drag everything out in the kitchen to make dinner.
Last week, we asked readers what easy meal they wanted to try next and steak won by a landslide.
- RELATED: Easy Eats: Vegetarian tacos with avocado in less than 25 minutes, Aug. 22
Really, a nice steak dinner doesn’t have to be a big task and you don’t even have to cart out the grill for this recipe from Chow. Though this recipe takes an hour to prepare total, you’ll only be actively cooking for about 30 minutes.
Below the recipe, let us know what you’re craving for an easy dinner next weekend and we’ll take care of the rest.
SEARED FLANK STEAK
Time: 1 hour (actually cooking for about half of that)
How many ingredients: 6
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. kosher salt, plus more to toaste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ lbs. flank steak, trimmed
- Combine Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ¼ cup of oil, salt and pepper in shallow dish and mix well.
- Cut flank steak in half against the grain (against lines in the meat) so pieces will fit one half on top of another.
- Pour marinade on both pieces and rub sauce on all side of the meat. Let sit uncovered at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Heat frying pan over medium-high heat and add remaining oil and heat until oil shimmers. Brush off any extra marinade and put in pan.
- Cook 3-4 minutes per side without moving the meat until nicely browned. Flip over and cook the opposite side just the same.
- Remove steaks from pan and let cool for about 10 minutes. Once cooled, cut into strips and season with salt and pepper.
What’s for dinner next week?