Easy Eats: Vegetarian tacos with avocado in less than 25 minutes
Listen, nobody wants to spend Saturday night standing over a stove, especially when it’s warm outside.
Rather than succumbing to take-out, have a taco night that uses a lot of ingredients you already have.
This recipe from Naturally Ella serves two, but double it and you’ll have dinner on the table for a family of four in less than 25 minutes.
- RELATED: Meatless Monday — DIY tacos are an easy weeknight, vegetarian dinner, Aug. 17
Below the recipe, let us know what you want for dinner next week and we’ll find an easy recipe for you!
BLACK BEAN AND GOAT CHEESE TACOS WITH AVOCADO
Time: 25 minutes
How many ingredients: 10
- 1 tbsp. coriander seeds
- ½ tbsp. cumin seeds
- Pinch dried pepper flakes
- ½ cup black beans, with liquids
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Juice, zest from half of a lime
- 2 tsp. honey
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- 4 tortillas
- In a dry skillet over medium-low heat, toast coriander and cumin seeds for 2-3 minutes. Place in pestle with dried pepper flakes and crush until all spices are ground.
- Return spices to skillet and and a ½ cup of black beans and liquids. Heat over medium low and let cook until liquids have cooked out, about 10 minutes.
- Slice avocado in half and remove the pit. Brush with a teaspoon of olive oil and place the cut side down on a preheated grill or skillet. Let cook until lightly charred. Remove and carefully slice avocado out of the skin.
- Build tacos by placing ¼ of the black bean mixture in the center of a corn or flour tortilla. Layer on goat cheese and avocado. Whisk juice and zest from lime and honey and drizzle over taco filling.
What’s for dinner next week?