- RELATED: July Goshen First Fridays invites cruisers to bring their rides, The Elkhart Truth, July 1, 2015
DIY owner Chris May has brought new coffee choices to Goshen over the past year as well as providing home brewing supplies and a great selection of bottled craft beer.
If you are a homebrewer and would like to enter the contest, here is what you need to know:
- Enter your beer using this Google doc.
- Bring your beer to DIY (114 E Washington St., Goshen) by 5:30 on Friday, July 3. Pouring will begin around 6:00.
- Bring the equivalent of one case of beer — if you bring kegged beer, bring everything you need in order to serve your beer. Other fermented beverages such as wine, kombucha, cider or mead are also acceptable.
- You will also need to bring a 22-oz. bottle of your favorite beer (this will be explained below).
- It would be great if you are able to be there to pour your own beer, but if you can’t, let the homebrew club know that you will not be present.
Voting will be determined by people’s choice. With a donation (no matter how big or small), tasters will get five tickets. All donations will go to La Casa.
After tasting 1-oz. samples of the beers, tasters will be able to vote for their favorite choice(s) using their five tickets — one ticket each for five different beers, all five tickets for one beer, or some combination in between. The beer that earns the most tickets wins.
- RELATED: DIY Coffee and Ale Supply offers homebrew and coffee brewing supplies, Aug. 29, 2014
The first place winner will receive all 22-oz. bombers brought by the other competitors, in addition to a gift basket donated by DIY. The second place winner will receive the 22-oz. bomber brought by the first place winner.
DIY has hosted several homebrew events as well as many of the Goshen Homebrew Club meetings over the past year. And if you haven’t checked out the shelves of craft beer for purchase, you are missing out. They are getting new bottles regularly.
Thanks to Chris May for his addition to the beer culture of downtown Goshen, and what a fun way to celebrate with the community. Congratulations on one year!