Pizza Wars 2015: Iannarelli's, The Wooden Peel among four vying for championship title
Less than a handful of pizzerias remain in the running to be the champion of Pizza Wars.
Voting for the first of three regional rounds drew to a close Sunday, June 21, and the second round of voting begins Monday, June 22, according to previous Flavor 574 reporting.
- RELATED: Pizza Wars 2015: Regional voting begins, and a critic joins the fray, June 12
The next round of voting, which will then determine the two pizzerias that will go head-to-head are:
- LaGrange County: Iannarelli’s Italian Restaurant vs. Marshall County: Wooden Peel
- LaPorte County: Albano’s Villa vs. Kosciusko County: The Cafe at the Bowling Alley
The results of the first regional voting round, according to the Pizza Wars voting site, are:
- Elkhart County: Rulli’s (39 percent) vs LaGrange County: Iannarelli’s Italian Restaurant (61 percent)
- St. Joseph County: Giannetto’s Pizza & Pasta (47 percent) vs. LaPorte County: Albano’s Villa (53 percent)
- Porter County: Duneland Pizza (34 percent) vs. Kosciusko County: The Cafe at The Bowling Alley (66 percent)
- Marshall County: Wooden Peel (63 percent) vs. Wildcard: Iechyd Da (Elkhart County) (37 percent)
Voting is open now on the Northern Indiana Tourism Development Commission (NITDC) website and ends Thursday, June 25, according to previous Flavor 574 reporting. The third and final round will begin Friday, June 26 and the winner will be announced June 30, according to NITDC.
Food critic and journalist Kate Silver (@K8Silver on Twitter) stepped up to try all eight pizzerias before regional voting wrapped to sample pizza for a Critic’s Choice winner, according to previous Flavor 574 reporting. That winner will also be announced at the end of the competition.
Flavor 574 will update as results are tallied and the next round is announced, but you can follow the competition with the tag #PizzaWarsNI.