National Beer Day 2015: Readers share favorite craft beers in Michiana
Tuesday, April 7, is as good a day as any to raise a glass — it’s National Beer Day!
It’s no secret Indiana and Michigan are making their own waves in the beer scene, and brewers in our own backyards: Iechyd Da, Evil Czech, Bell’s and Bare Hands are among those that are developing a loyal following.
April 25: Hometown Hops, The Brick, South Bend
May 9: Indiana-Michigan Craft Beer Mayfest, Toscana Park, Granger
In honor of National Beer Day, Flavor 574 asked its readers to share their favorite craft beer in our area, with an overwhelming response for Iechyd Da (Elkhart), Evil Czech (Mishawaka) and Bare Hands (Granger).
Here are just a few responses we received on Facebook:
- Jodi Byer: “13 American Black Ale, Iechyd Da!” (Note: A few other readers mentioned this as a favorite.)
- Jessica Fashun: “Evil Czech Brewery – the coffee stout.”
- Angie Pletcher: “Iechyd Da’s Breakfast Cookies!”
- Trevor Lee Dahlke: “Galaxy Imperial, from Bare Hands Brewery!”
- Anthony Corr: “Right now it has to be the 3-6 Hoppia from Evil Czech Brewery and Public House.”
What’s your favorite local beer that you’ll raise for National Beer Day? Leave a comment below and let us know!