Junior League of South Bend’s Chefs’ Showcase to feature auctions, culinary competition and samples
Local chefs are stepping out of the kitchen and onto the campus of Notre Dame, providing the public a chance to meet the people behind the plates.
Beginning at 4:30 p.m., guests will be able to sample food prepared by featured chefs and bid on private chef services during a live auction scheduled for 5:30 p.m. A silent auction featuring items donated by Junior League of South Bend members and local merchants will follow, with a planned 7:30 p.m. end time.
Celebrity judges, including The Elkhart Truth’s community editor and Dining a la King columnist Marshall V. King, will be on hand to determine the winner of the event’s cooking competition.
LIVE AUCTION PARTICIPANTS
- Chef Patrick Dahms — Sorin’s: Dinner for four at Sorin’s Notre Dame Alumni Dinner
- Chefs Jeffrey Schnell and Mitchell Hogge — Four Winds Casino: Choice of six-course dinner for eight or hors d’oeuvres for 16 to 20 guests
- Chefs Philip Wenzel, Charu Pant, Alan Seidler and Ralph Pieniazkiewicz — University of Notre Dame: Choice of dinner for eight or hors d’oeuvres for 16 guests
- Chefs Craig Lewkowitz and Nico Rossi — Four Winds Casino: Choice of six-course dinner for eight or hors d’oeuvres for 16 to 20 guests
- Chef Kip Peters — Centerplate Catering: Small bites and hors d’oeuvres for 18 to 20 guests
- Chef Brent Spring — Ivy Tech: Homegrown delicacies
- Chefs Carlos Cassadio and Josh Amador — Bistro 933 at Hilton Garden Inn: Dinner for eight at Bistro 933
- Chef Brent Gregory — Legends of Notre Dame: Dinner for 10 guests at Legends of Notre Dame Restaurant & Ale House Pub
ADDITIONAL DEMO PARTICIPANTS