Local chefs are stepping out of the kitchen and onto the campus of Notre Dame, providing the public a chance to meet the people behind the plates.
Beginning at 4:30 p.m., guests will be able to sample food prepared by featured chefs and bid on private chef services during a live auction scheduled for 5:30 p.m. A silent auction featuring items donated by Junior League of South Bend members and local merchants will follow, with a planned 7:30 p.m. end time.
Celebrity judges, including The Elkhart Truth’s community editor and Dining a la King columnist Marshall V. King, will be on hand to determine the winner of the event’s cooking competition.
LIVE AUCTION PARTICIPANTS
- Chef Patrick Dahms — Sorin’s: Dinner for four at Sorin’s Notre Dame Alumni Dinner
- Chefs Jeffrey Schnell and Mitchell Hogge — Four Winds Casino: Choice of six-course dinner for eight or hors d’oeuvres for 16 to 20 guests
- Chefs Philip Wenzel, Charu Pant, Alan Seidler and Ralph Pieniazkiewicz — University of Notre Dame: Choice of dinner for eight or hors d’oeuvres for 16 guests
- Chefs Craig Lewkowitz and Nico Rossi — Four Winds Casino: Choice of six-course dinner for eight or hors d’oeuvres for 16 to 20 guests
- Chef Kip Peters — Centerplate Catering: Small bites and hors d’oeuvres for 18 to 20 guests
- Chef Brent Spring — Ivy Tech: Homegrown delicacies
- Chefs Carlos Cassadio and Josh Amador — Bistro 933 at Hilton Garden Inn: Dinner for eight at Bistro 933
- Chef Brent Gregory — Legends of Notre Dame: Dinner for 10 guests at Legends of Notre Dame Restaurant & Ale House Pub
ADDITIONAL DEMO PARTICIPANTS
- Chef Cameron Horne — Fat Cam’s at Garver Lake
- Chef Linda — The Olive Branch
- Chef Kenny Slisz — Weiss’ Gasthaus
- Chefs Scott and Mary Stevens — Morgan’s and Little Black Dog Tavern
- Chef Dee Florea — Gigi’s Cupcakes
- Chef Bruce Ulrickson — Upper Crust