Some reservations still available for Valentine's Day 2015
We have good news for all the procrastinators out there: It’s not too late to make reservations for a Valentine’s Day out on the town.
You’ll have better luck celebrating the holiday early, as plenty of restaurants are still accepting reservations for Friday, Feb. 13, but there a few tables still open on the big day.
Before you stress, try one of these Michiana eateries on our (not comprehensive) list of restaurants with open tables.
- The Mark Dine and Tap: The upscale gastro-pub is offering a special Valentine’s Day meal with menu offerings like ginger dusted shrimp, ancho dusted scallops and arancini as small plates and entrees including steaks, salmon, duck, linguine and cioppino.
- Tippecanoe Place Restaurant: A “Sweetheart Menu” will be offered all weekend and features a choice of appetizer, fresh salad, entree and dessert. The price is $85 per couple.
- Ruth Chris Steak House: While no reservations are available on Valentine’s Day for a sizzling steak, there are still spots open the day before and the day after. Call 574-968-9700 for reservations or book online through OpenTable.
- Cafe Navarre: OK with staying up late for global fare and fine wine? The restaurant can make room after 10 p.m., and reservations are still available for Friday, Feb. 13, or Sunday, Feb. 15. Book online through OpenTable or call 574-968-8101. Check out this week’s Behind the Bar for a peek at what’s on the menu.
- New Paradigm Brewing Co.: Going for a more casual date? Pair beer with pot roast or roasted chicken with a side of asparagus and mashed potatoes. Call 574-295-8882 to reserve a table. Even better, grab tickets to the Bill Engvall comedy show at the Lerner before or after dinner.
- Lucchese’s Italian Restaurant: Rich Italian fare is still available on Valentine’s Day at 9:30 p.m. Reserve a table by calling 574-522-4137.
- McCarthy’s on the Riverwalk: Indulge on Irish grub for a date at 3 p.m., 3:30 p.m. or 8:45 p.m. Reservations can be made by calling 574-293-2830.
- La Esperanza: Spice up Valentine’s Day with a casual date over authentic Mexican and margaritas. Call 574-522-7340 to check on availability.
- Villa Macri Ristorante: There’s still a chance for traditional Italian fare on Valentine’s Day. Seatings at 4 p.m. and 4:15 p.m. can be reserved through OpenTable or by calling 574-277-7273.
- Zing Japanese Fusion: Add a little Zing into your Valentine’s Day by making a reservation for sushi or hibachi online through OpenTable or by calling 574-259-8888.
- Doc Pierce’s Restaurant: Eat a late lunch and snag a reservation for the landmark eatery after 9:30 p.m. Call 574-255-7737.
- Pizzeria Venturi: A romantic Valentine’s Day dinner does not typically include pizza, but Venturi’s certified Neapolitan pizza may be the exception. The restaurant does not take reservations, but patience could find you a seat in the eatery at 123 E. Lincoln Ave.
- Kelly Jae’s Cafe: Try Spanish tapas with an Asian flair in downtown Goshen. Tables are still available during the 8:30 p.m. seating, and can be reserved by calling 574-537-1027.
- Kaizen Hibachi Grill Sushi & Bar: Feel the flame as you see your Valentine’s meal cooked in front of you on the hibachi grill, or cozy up in the dining room for sushi at Kaizen. A few Valentine’s Day dinner reservations are still available by calling 574-533-2568, but diners might have more luck by visiting for lunch or celebrating a day early.
- Das Dutchman Essenhous: An upscale plated dinner of prime rib or vegetarian lasagna will be served at 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Dinner for two costs $79 and a package of dinner, entertainment and overnight accommodations costs $199. Call 800-455-9471 for reservations.