3 easy dips perfect for Super Bowl parties
Recipes of the week: Super Bowl snacks
A few weeks back, Laura from Clinton asked something we’ve all been thinking: What’s the best dip to make for a Super Bowl party?
Joanne from Blissfield, Mich., sent in a recipe for cheesy beer dip. She says the beer adds a unique flavor.
Dave from Sault Ste. Marie, Mich., always makes his taco dip for a snack when watching the Super Bowl.
Cheryl from Coldwater, Mich., serves her broccoli dip with crusty French bread cubes.
For more recipes, please stop by my blog, Food, Fun & More.
Request of the week
I’m looking for a good recipe for Lasagna. I’ve found the frozen ones from the supermarket aren’t all that tasty.
– Sue from Hillsdale, Mich.
Send your own recipes and requests to The Recipe Exchange, PO Box 16, Addison, MI 49220 or by email.
CHEESY BEER DIP
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 envelope dry ranch dressing
- ¾ cups Cheese Whiz
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup beer
- ¼ tsp. cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp. chives
- Baby carrots
- Broccoli florets
- Pretzel crackers
- In a bowl, whisk cream cheese, Cheese Whiz, beer, ranch dressing mix, garlic powder and pepper, until blended and smooth.
- Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with chives. Serve with vegetables and crackers.
- 1 lb. hamburger
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 16 oz. can kidney beans, undrained and mashed
- ½ c catsup
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- ½ cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Nacho chips
- Brown hamburger with onion and green pepper in a large frying pan. Drain off grease.
- Stir in catsup, kidney beans, salt, chili powder and cheese. Cook for 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Serve with nacho chips.
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 2 10-oz. pkgs frozen broccoli
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tbps. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 8 oz. can mushrooms, drained
- 8 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- French bread, cubed
- Cook broccoli according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan. Add onion and celery. Sauté until tender.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms, mushroom soup, Worcestershire sauce and cheese. Cook until warm and almost bubbly.
- Serve with bread cubes.