Constant Spring's 2015 mug club accepting renewals, new members
As both a potter and beer drinker, I appreciate that my local watering hole uses local, handmade pottery for its mug club.
I was lucky enough to make the inaugural edition of the Constant Spring mug club mugs. Since then, local potters Justin Rothshank and Bob Smoker have been chosen, and this year’s mugs will be made by Fred Driver.
Besides being a regular and getting to drink out of your own mug, each mug club member receives a monthly token good for $5 off beer. Don’t forget to use it, because the tokens do expire at the end of each month. Membership is currently open to new members.
If you haven’t been into the Spring lately, you don’t want to miss the present tap list. I had an extremely difficult time making a decision when I was in yesterday. Here it is:
- Pabst Blue Ribbon (5% ABV)
- Murphy’s Irish Stout (4% ABV)
- Hoegaarden Belgian White (4.9% ABV)
- Founders All Day Session IPA (4.7% ABV)
- Left Hand Sawtooth (English ESB, 5.3% ABV)
- Bell’s Two Hearted (IPA, 7% ABV)
- New Belgium Fat Tire (Amber, 5.2% ABV)
- Angry Orchard (cider, 5% ABV)
- Figure 8 Apostasy (Black Saison, 6.8% ABV)
- Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere (fresh hop IPA, 6.7% ABV)
- Stone Enjoy By 12-26-14 (double IPA, 9.4% ABV)
- Flat 12 Half Cycle (IPA, 6% ABV)
- Three Floyds Space Station Middle Finger (pale ale, 6% ABV)
- Green Flash West Coast (double IPA, 8.1% ABAV)
- Founders Red’s Rye (rye IPA, 6.6% ABV)
- Bell’s Kal-Haven Ale (sour/wild ale, 6% ABV)
- Greenbush Distorter (strong porter, 7.2% ABV)
- Dark Horse One Oatmeal (Stout, 8% ABV)
- Bell’s Expedition (imperial stout, 10.5% ABV)
- Greenbush Remnant of Dragon (imperial red, 9% ABV)
- Victory Moving Parts 2 (English IPA, 6.4% ABV)
The new social media team at the Spring has been doing a great job of posting the current tap list each week. Generally it is updated around 11 a.m. each week on Wednesday, with updates posted on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.