Request of the week:
I know I’m going to have left-over turkey after Thanksgiving. Does anyone have a good soup or casserole recipe?
– Peggy from North Adams, Mich.
Send your own requests and recipes to The Recipe Exchange, PO Box 16, Addison, MI 49220 or by email at email@example.com.
Recipes of the week: Vegetable casseroles
Sherry from Concord, Mich., sent in a recipe for corn casserole that was passed down from her grandma, to her mom and then to her.
Ann from Jennings, Mich., says her recipe for peas and broccoli casserole is quick and easy to make and is always a hit.
Janice from Hudson, Mich., makes her broccoli corn bake every year at Thanksgiving.
For more recipes, please stop by my blog, Food, Fun & More.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 cups whole kernel corn, drained
- ½ lb bacon
- Fry bacon until crispy. Pat dry and crumble.
- Combine eggs, flour and sugar in a large bowl. Beat well. Add cheese, corn and ¾ of the bacon.
- Turn mixture into an ungreased baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining bacon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
PEAS & BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
Makes 6 servings.
- 10-oz. bag of frozen broccoli
- 10-oz. bag of frozen peas
- 8-oz. jar Cheese Whiz
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 8-oz. can French fried onion rings
- Thaw broccoli and peas. Drain and place them in a casserole dish. Add Cheese Whiz and mushroom soup. Mix thoroughly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes, until cheese bubbles and mixture is heated through.
- Remove from oven and top with onion rings. Return to oven for 5 more minutes.
BROCCOLI CORN BAKE
- ¼ cup butter, divided
- 2 tbsp. flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1½ cups milk
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed Corn Flakes
- 15-oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 10-oz. pkgs frozen broccoli spears, thawed and drained
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour and salt. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until smooth. Cook until bubbly and thickened, stirring constantly. Add cheese. Stir until melted. Stir in corn and ¼ cup of crushed corn flakes. Remove from heat.
- Arrange broccoli in a 2 quart glass baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over top.
- Melt remaining butter in a small saucepan. Stir in remaining Corn Flakes. Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.