In a few months, you’ll have the chance to usher in autumn with a weekend of beer, pretzels and song.
The Town of Vevay in southern Indiana will host a Bavarian Beer Bash from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. Friday, Oct. 3, and from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 4, at 304 Liberty Street.
The bash will feature more than 25 craft beers from 10 craft breweries across Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio and Massachusetts.
Guests can sample craft beers from:
- Sun King Brewing, Indianapolis
- Three Floyds Brewing, Munster, Ind.
- Great Crescent Brewery, Aurora, Ind.
- New Albanian Brewing, New Albany, Ind.
- Powerhouse Brewery, Columbus, Ind.
- Bluegrass Brewing, Louisville, Ky.
- Alltech Lexington Brewing and Distilling Co., Lexington, Ky.
- Wiedemann Brewing, Newport, Ky.
- Christian Moerlein Brewing, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Samuel Adams, Boston, Mass.
The Cincy Brass band will perform at 9 p.m. Friday. The award-winning band describes itself as “N’awlins soul meets Cincinnati funk.” The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band will take the stage with its Americana and blues music at 9:30 p.m. Saturday.
On top of all that, there will also be the Bavarian Beer Bash Home Brew Competition, which is open to all home brewers.
The competition is restricted to non-commercial, home-brewed beer and will accept entries in two categories: Northern German Ault Bier and Kolsch. Winners will be announced onstage Saturday, Oct. 4.
Tickets for the Bavarian Beer Bash are available online at www.showclix.com/event/BavarianBeerBash.